The Sparkle Garden Quilt is Jeanne Rae Crafts' Block of the Month project for 2018. We've featured a BOM project every year since 1998, making this project our 21st! Come back monthly for each succeeding step.
The Sparkle Garden Quilt features blocks that are both appliqued and pieced. The appliqué in this quilt was designed with machine appliqué in mind but is still suitable for hand appliqué.
The twelve steps to making the blocks will be introduced throughout the year with the finishing directions to end the year's lessons. This quilt can be made with coordinating fabrics, or each block could have its own color scheme using scraps or fat quarters. Whichever you choose, it will be a cheerful lap quilt or wall hanging.
- Background (white) - 1 yd.
- Light green - 1/4 yd. or fat quarter
- Medium greens - fat quarter of 2
- Dark green - 3/8 yd. (for blocks and flowers)
- Contrast (black) - 7/8 yd. for blocks, cornerstones, and border 2 (if you cut borders from lengthwise grain, you will need for 1 3/8 yd. for border 2.)
- Light peach - 3/8 yd. (for blocks and flowers)
- Dark peach - 3/8 yd. (for blocks and flowers)
- Sashing (dark rust) - 1/2 yd.
- Border 3 - 1 yd. (if you cut borders from lengthwise grain, you will need for 1 1/2 yd. for border 3.)
- Flowers - 4-5 fat quarters or scraps
- Binding - 1/2 yd.
- Backing - 3 yd.
|Sparkle Garden Quilt
1. Flower 1
2. Flower 2
3. Flower 3
4. Flower 4
|Sparkle Garden Quilt|
Sparkle Garden Quilt Blocks
To make the 9 flowers blocks, cut :
- Background - cut 4 - 6½” x 6½”
- Background - cut 5 - 6½” x 9½”
Applique each of the first 4 flowers to a 6½” x 6½” background and each of the remaining 5 flowers to a 6½” x 9½” background using the method of your choice. When printing the pattern, be sure to print at the "Actual Size" setting.
- This project will be available all through 2018.
- These patterns are for personal use only. Any other use requires express written permission by the designer.
- All designs ©2018 Jeanne R. Prue, all rights reserved.
- The information on this site is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given nor results guaranteed.